Slideshow

Monday, January 3, 2011

A way to help

So many people have expressed that they wish they could do something - that they wish they could help in some way. I am going to challenge you on that. I thought of something that could be helpful to us during this horrible time of pain and suffering. I want to continue to do things and have things to remember Noah by. I've heard of people that make bears or quilts out of the Childs clothes. This way I could keep Noah's clothes but they wouldn't be all folded up in a box somewhere. I think it would be so cool to have a bear or a quilt made out of his clothes. Some you can even put photos on. Anyways, I started googling places and it got so depressing that I had to stop. So I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has heard of this or knows of a place that does this? Thank you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna -
    I have never had the privilege of meeting you but went to high school with your husband. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your strength is amazing and you are truly an inspiration to many.

    Anyways - here is a link that might help you:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62283027/memory-rag-quilts-made-from-your-baby?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=Childrens+clothing+quilts&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&filter%5B0%5D=handmade

    (Not sure if you are familiar with etsy - it is sort of like an online craft fair!)

    I also have a friend of a friend who may be able to help you - will send you her e-mail address if she can do it and you can reach out.

    Good luck.

    Jodie (Krawski) Moran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle ShefvelandJanuary 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM

    Hi. I met Noah at the 5k run last fall. He was adorable. I also found a website that you might want to check into: http://www.embears.com/memory.htm

    I lost my brother 3 years ago, and my parents suffered so severely that it was unbearable. My heart goes out to you and the journey you will be taking. God loves you and Noah and that darling child will always be thought of and remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, I told your mom about this place. It was on TV one Sunday night. They make bears out of the clothes. I sent her a text.

    ReplyDelete